Welcome to Magnolia Blossom Art Blog ..

... where fellow crafters and lovers of crafts come together to share, explore and learn about the world of art.

AND THE WINNER IS ........................

This week's (February 20, 2009) Fabulous Friday Freebie winner is ..... Ta Da ... KittsKrafts. Here is her blog KittsKrafts if you want to check her out! Congratulations ... I know you will love the Clutch Purse Card that Robin has offered from her Etsy shop Robin's Arts & Crafts. ... You lucky gal!!!!

Friday, January 30, 2009

CANCER AWARENESS ITEMS ...

Okay, so I haven't posted much this week, and it's for a reason! I've been very busy, with the kiddies here at my daycare feeling somewhat under the weather with winter colds I haven't had much time to do much but make them feel better, which usually requires holding them! In my free time (when and if they did take naps!) but mostly at nights, I was creating some new items. As you have seen, I love making the Crazy Quilt purses in all different colors and this week's brain storm (I have to be careful of them ... they're dangerous!!) was to expand my purses by creating some cute, funky, chique purses that would bring awareness to the different types of cancer. Being very active with our local Relay For Life, on of my passions is to not only raise money for the research to find a cure for cancer, but also to bring awareness to the community at large of the disease, cancer, and how we can all work together to try to put a stop to this horrible invader that has touched so many people. ... So last night I created my first of hopefully many Colors of Cancer Purses. This first one is in PINK .. the color for Breast Cancer. My grandmother lost her life to breast cancer when I was 12 years old and I miss her dearly ... but my mother is a Breast Cancer Survivor of 10 years and for that I celebrate her life and this purse is in honor of her!! It is a cute rectangle embellished with ribbon and buttons, fully lined and ready to be proudly carried in honor of all those who are or have battled Breast Cancer. I am keeping the prices very reasonable on these purses and will donate part of my proceeds to the American Cancer Society.

I also started working on Colors Of Cancer Key Chains and Bookbag Pulls. These simple ribbons come in any color which represents a type of cancer. I will be making them in a number of colors, but if you tell me what type of cancer you would like represented, I'll make the keychain iin that color! As with the purses, these keychains and pulls are very reasonably priced with part of the proceeds going to ACS.




You can find both of these items in both my Etsy and Artfire Shops ... help us with the cause!!!

No comments:

Catchin' Waves

Catchin' Waves
For two days they didn't want anything to do with the beach ... then ... wala ... what fun is this!!!

Thumbprint Notecards

Thumbprint Notecards
Sure to make anyone smile. Come with envelopes in sets of five.

Maggie & Blossom

Maggie & Blossom
Lovin' some time in the waves at Nags Head !! What fun they are.

Girl's Jumper

Girl's Jumper
Precious brown jumper with hot pink polk-a-dots

Christopher and Blossom

Christopher and Blossom
She loves a cowboy and he loves a horse ... what a perfect match!! Grandson # 4 with our "Little" girl Blossom.

Croched Cell Phone Case

Croched Cell Phone Case
Any colors ... any size ... great when matched with a Crazy Quilt Purse!

Eat ... sleep ... and be merry!!

Eat ... sleep ... and be merry!!
So what's better than fillling up on spaghetti and then taking a snooze ... that makes for a very merry little fellow. Grandson # 5 ... Benjamin ... how cute is that!

Pink Crazy Quilt Purse

Pink Crazy Quilt Purse
So fun ... my crazy quilted purses are eye catchers ... great as mother/daughter sets ... larger for mom and smaller for daughter ... how cute are they!!!

Just a day at the beach ...

Just a day at the beach ...
Nick, Maggie & Blossom trying to catch some waves ... the girls wanted to try their hands (paws) at skimboarding ... give it a try gals!

Warm and Cozy Scarf

Warm and Cozy Scarf
Soft and Warm ... what a combination .. and beautiful to boot!!
I Took The Handmade Pledge! BuyHandmade.org